- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, cooled
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
Chop the garlic in the food processor. Add everything else. Taste and adjust.
- walnuts or pecans for pine nuts
- juice from 1/2 lemon for parmesan (increase salt)
- flavored oils, anyone? (think... chili)
I prefer lemon to parmesan, personally. (Which is just plain weird!) Also, I don't measure my basil. I use two big double handfuls, and usually have to add a little more olive oil. Depending on the flavor of the basil, you might use more or less. Generally this makes between 1/2 and 3/4 pint pesto.